Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Crafty Tuesday--Easy Quilted Potholders

I actually made these cute potholders some time ago as I went through projects on an online sewing class. I didn't get all the project done, but out of some that I managed to finish, this was one of my favorites because you can whip out several and they'd make great gifts! You could even make them smaller for coasters.
All you need is some material squares (whatever size you desire your potholders to be), scissors, batting, thread, and your sewing machine!
Place your material with front sides facing, sew around edges all but about a 3 inch opening, turn right side out,  then put in the batting (be sure to flatten it out). Next, sew up the opening, then make your rows of stitches down the middle however you'd like. I did straight lines, but you could do any pattern and if you  machine is like mine with different kinds of decorative stitches, you can pretty them up even more. Have fun!!
Oh, and a plug for Freckled Nest where you can find some cute projects and who I thank for helping me blow the dust of my sewing machine and expanding my skill set!

No comments:

Post a Comment