Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday--Laundry Soap

This is tough stuff!!
 There are a million recipes on the web for how to make your own laundry soap and I found one that I personally like and began using it this past summer.
   The one I like is a recipe used by the Duggar Family and is on their website. I figured if it worked pretty well for 21 people, then it sure could work for the four of us!
   The recipe makes A LOT, so I decided to sell some at our local farmer's market and give it to people as well. I ended up basically having free laundry soap for myself, which is still a pretty sweet deal if you've been down the detergent aisle at the store lately and noticed the price! I like liquid, some people prefer powder, and there are thousands of different ways to do both as well as tutorials on You Tube. (Simply search for Homemade Laundry Detergent) I use it on all our laundry, including baby clothes and it works great! It even doubles as stain remover by applying it to set a while directly on stains before you wash!
   You might want to experiment if you like scents or don't like certain ingredients...there are lots of alternatives and most are a great "green" choice- environmentally and for keeping some cash in your wallet!

HAPPY WASHING!!
My homemade soap removed the poo stain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment