Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sewing Machine Cover-Up


As you can see, I actually have a hard plastic cover over my sewing machine, but  it was rather unsightly, and I wanted to pretty it up a little. I came across a general pattern for one and changed it up a bit to fit over the plastic cover. I made it double sided, with a layer of thin batting so that it lays nicely and I can reverse it. I also made one side a little longer to cover the back, where the cord is out, which is also a good place to "hide" your foot pedal (if you have one). 
You simply need:
About a yard of material, thread to match, twill tape ribbon, batting

Be sure to measure to make it wide enough to fit your machine, especially if you are covering a plastic cover. Also, be sure to make the ribbons on the sides long enough to tie. You could also use material covered elastic if you want or some other fastening system, but the ribbon looks nice and is easy to attach. 

Place your pieces front sides facing and sew edges all but one end, then turn right side out, slide batting (cut to fit) in and smooth out, then hem up your open end. Place ribbon in position with pins and try out on your machine for placing, then simply stitch all the way across...you could do a fancy stitch or several stitches to make it look decorative, or even a contrasting color thread just for fun. This is an easy project that you can personalize and it will brighten up your sewing spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment