Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bread & Cookies!!

My four year old helping make rolls
Thanksgiving was great! I am a little behind, but as usual, I have to post some food, if nothing else!!

We love bread around here and the best is my great grandmother's roll recipe that I use to make dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. She was a sharer, no secret recipes here, so I will pass it on!

Mamaw's Yeast Rolls:

Mix 1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) yeast, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, with 1/2 cup warm water and let melt a few minutes. Then add 1 cup warm milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter to yeast mixture. Sift in flour and mix with a spoon til too thick to stir, then knead really well with flour and put in a greased bowl. Turn on oven light only (gives it just enough warmth) and place in oven to rise for 1-2 hours (2 is best if you make more than one batch). Then roll out and knead again til stiff, set bowl over it for 10 minutes. Grease your baking pan of choice with butter while it sits. Then cut up into sections and let rise in pan for 1 hour.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until they are golden. Makes about 12 big rolls!



This one, I can't take credit for either, but it is amazing!!


Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Make chocolate chip cookies by the direction on the chocolate chip bag, add 1/2 cut  quick oats and 1 bag (yes, the whole thing) of Heath toffee bits, then bake by your directions.....sinful!

No comments:

Post a Comment