Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Soap

While browsing my Pinterest pins, I came across a recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent. Why not!? I already had the ingredients for the powder version because they are also ingredients that I use to make my own laundry soap. I LOVE it!! I simply used a clean and dry recycled spaghetti sauce jar to keep moisture out and I added a few drops of lemon oil for disinfecting and smell (just add two or three drops to dry mix and shake well to incorporate)....it smells fantastic! I also did the vinegar in the rinse and all my dishes came out spotless!

POWDER BASED RECIPE

Mix the following inside a container with a removable, snap-top lid or a jar with a lid:
Seriously, that’s it! Add 2 tablespoons per load along with a splash of white vinegar in the rinse chamber of your dishwasher to prevent spots and/or residue. You can even make a fancier version by following the basic recipe above with the addition of several drops of your favorite essential oil (naturally antiseptic tea tree oil is an excellent choice).

LIQUID BASED RECIPE

Pour the following ingredients into a recycled plastic bottle with a squirt-top and shake until thoroughly incorporated:
  • 2 cups of vegetable-based castile soap (such as Vermont Soap Organics or Dr. Bronner’s)
  • ½ cup of water
  • ½ cup of white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
  • 3 drops of your favorite essential oil
Prior to each use, shake your homemade dishwashing liquid well and then measure out 2 tablespoons per load.

That's it!! It's green, easy, and cheap!!


Source for recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment