Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!


 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!  2 Cor. 5:17

Wow!! 2011 has came and went and like every new year, most of us are beginning to think about a fresh start to the year and our "resolutions". I have abandoned the whole resolution thing myself and now I find that it much more gratifying to make a list of goals for myself for the new year.

I break them down into categories and what I want to accomplish each month. Some of the monthly ones are repetitive so that I can make them a habit and some of them are specific for the time of year. It's very customizable...you can decide what you want to do and set a deadline for it. You can type it, scribble it, or write it out on monthly sheets on a legal pad (like I did)....just be sure to write it out in some form and keep it where you can see it often. It doesn't have to be plastered all over your house, but you can keep it on one bulletin board, your laundry room (if you spend a lot of time there like me), out on your desk, etc. If things from one month don't get done, you move them to the next one or squeeze them in somewhere. Don't be afraid to re-evaluate your goals when you get to each month because a lot can change in a year!

I'll share my list for the first month of the new year:

January 2012:

Our Business-- 
Prepare payroll tax forms & send payments by 15th, year end reports by 30th

Me Time--
Print photos for scrapbooking by end of month
                 Begin sewing project-casserole dish carriers
                 Finish a book for my own personal spiritual growth
  Get blog book printed 
     Blog twice a week
                 Read my Bible at least 15 minutes every day

Kids/Family & Education-- 
Date night with hubby at least once this month (twice if we can swing it)
Begin reading book about teaching reading to kids
                 Work on speech exercises for 30 minutes 2x week at home
                 Go through 2 learning books/activities per week at home (short and fun ones!)
                 Get a big learning calendar for four year old
          
Home/Garden---  
Get all the Christmas decorations put away by the 5th
                 Get a cube storage thing for the utility room and organize that space
   Clean out craft closet
 Get the baby gate out of storage and move some things around in the house---baby proof!! 

Money--
Save $400
   Do monthly budget for Feb

Health--
Exercise 2x week (even if just 15 minutes)
            Count Weight Watcher points closely!!--Goal is lose 3 lbs by end of month
Limit eating out (lunch or dinner) to no more than twice a week

As you can see, these are very specific and personal to me and my life. It's important to set goals that are for YOU, not just vague, general ones, like "lose 10 pounds this year" or "get organized"....they must be SPECIFIC (and reasonable), and WRITTEN to be ACCOMPLISHED!!
Happy Goal Setting and Goal Reaching!!! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment