Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lasagna in a Bowl??

Oh, Pinterest, how I love you!! This is another pinned recipe on my "recipes to try" board that I made for dinner tonight. I fed it to a three and four year old and they loved it, too! And, it's only 7 points plus if you are doing Weight Watchers! (And, it doesn't taste like it!) I made a few modifications to the recipe--I used ground beef instead of Italian sausage that the recipe called for, left out the bay leaf, and instead of oregano, I used Italian seasoning mix, and I used penne pasta.

LASAGNA SOUP Ingredients: (click for entire recipe)

2 tsp olive oil, 1 1/2 lbs Italian sausage bulk or with casings removed (or 1 lb ground beef), Chopped onion, 4 minced garlic cloves, 2 tsp oregano (or Italian season mix), 2 Tbsp tomato paste, 1 can diced tomatoes undrained, 6 cups chicken broth, 2 bay leaves, 8 oz pasta, 8 oz ricotta, fresh basil (this was in mix for me), 1/2 cup grated parmesan, salt, pepper, 2 cups shredded mozzerella

I baked some canned crescent rolls with Italian seasoning and a little butter to serve with this and it is tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment