Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Artsy Craftsy Tuesday--Diego Outfit

 My four year old loves Diego so for his birthday last month, I decided to make him a vest like Diego's. I have NEVER made any type of clothing so this was quite a feat for me. I used a yard of cloth, some felt, and blue thread...then voila, Diego vest!! The vest cost me about $9 to make. I topped off the outfit with a blue t-shirt and ordered an orange sling backpack for his birthday and he was set! The great thing is that this cool birthday get-up will double as a Halloween costume for him and he can play in it whenever he wants. I simply used one of his big t-shirts as a pattern and when from there. I love making the costumes and getting creative to make inexpensive and reusable outfits! The last two years he was a scarecrow, then a cowboy....both with clothes he already had and just a couple $1 things to add the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment