Every day I do a little cooking, loving, playing, praising, crafting, praying, and learning as I "Rain" it all in.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Little Festive Food for Tuesday

So, Tuesdays, I was planning to do a crafty post, but since I don't have a craft done that I can post at the moment, (I do have one I'm working on and really want to post, but it's a gift) I decided on a fall recipe that has been a favorite. I'm pretty sure I got this from a lady I used to work with and I've made it and shared it numerous times and it's always a hit. Just wish I had a picture of it! Hope you enjoy it!

Pumpkin chocolate Loaf         

3 ½ cups sugar
1 ¼ cup oil
3 eggs
1 can (29 oz) solid pack pumpkin
3 squares unsweetened chocolate (melted and cooled)
1 ½ tsp vanilla
3 ¾ cups flour
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
½ tsp  nutmeg
2 cups choc chips (12 oz)

Combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, mix well. Stir in pumpkin, melted chocolate, and vanilla.  Mix well. Combine dry ingredients, stir into pumpkin mixture, just until blended. Stir in chips. Transfer to 3 greased 9x5x3 loaf pans. Back at 350 for 55-65 minutes. (Can freeze baked loaf up to  6 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment